- Attend the NYS PTA Virtual Legislative Summit on February 16, 2022 from 6PM to 9PM Click Here to Register
- Save the Date for the Westchester East Putnam Region Virtual Advocacy Action Day March 12, 2022
- Attend National PTA Legislative Conference in Washington June 14 to 19, 2022 Click Here for More Information
The Westchester East Putnam Region is working on its Advocacy Action Day and the issues that the Region is facing in the areas of Mental Health, School Safety, Family Engagement, Education Funding Today and in the Future and the Learning Gaps being faced by the students due to the COVID pandemic.
- Westchester County Department of Mental Health
- DAs Office Partners with Moms Demand Action To Address Rising Rates of Gun Violence in Westchester
- Be Smart In Schools
- NYS PTA Family Engagement
- Education Briefing Book FY 2023 Executive Budget
- Office of the New York State Comptroller Thomas P. DiNapoli: NYC DOE Faces Significant Challenges in Closing COVID Achievement Gap; Prudent Use of Federal Relief Critical to Address COVID Era Learning Losses and Avoid Future Budget Risks
NYS PTA has made advocating on issues and it is easy to do – just click here on Take Action. Click on the issue you want to advocate for. You can add a personal message in the box at the top. Add your name, address and email address and click send. In less than 5 minutes, you can take action from your home! You can save your info to make the process quicker the next time you take action! If you missed any Take Action Tuesdays, you can go back and send those emails too!
Since we are a large organization with people from different backgrounds, values, politics, cultures and religions, you may not agree with every issue. That is okay. Just send the ones that you support! If there are issues that your school district is facing, look at how NYS PTA laid out their position papers and model your own after that. If you need help talking with or contacting your local representative, please contact Sally Pinto the Advocacy Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org or any WEPR Board member for help. If they don’t know, they will find a person who can help you.
If you have issue that you feel passionately about, share it! You can write a position paper or resolution for NYS PTA can consider to take on state wide! Resolutions are due by April 1st. Resolutions come from NYS PTA membership. Click here to learn more!
Here are the 2021 Advocacy Papers. Feel free to share with your members, school district and community. We need as many voices as we can get!
Click here for NYS PTA Position Papers
Supporting English Language Learners and Their Families
Support School-Based Mental Health Services for Students
Supports for Recovery High Schools, and the Prevention and Treatment of Substance Use Disorders
Oppose the Legalization of Recreational Marijuana
NYS PTA Calls for a $2.2 Billion Increase to Support Our Students
Every Child, Their Safety: Keeping Our Children Safe in School