December Drop off Dates to be Announced!!
Congratulations on a successful Reflections program!! Now it is time to advance your winners to the Region level. We have two drop off dates in December in order to judge the entries and make New York State’s January 14th deadline.
Any Questions or Concerns, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rules for Drop Off:
- Make sure that each piece of artwork has a student entry form that is filled out and attached. It is not the job of the Region Reflection chair to fill in the PTA unit information.
- Tip: The form is a word document – fill in the information beforehand and distribute the filled in version out so you only have to do this task once.
- Tip 2: Make sure that Student Entry Form has both the student and parent’s signature on it. It can not advance without these signatures.
- 2 winners per art category and age division (For example, an elementary with Grades 1-5 will have two age divisions – Primary (K-Grade 2) and Intermediate (Grades 3-5). They could have 4 entries for Dance categories (2 Primary and 2 Intermediate entries.) There are 6 art categories x 4 age divisions for a total of 24 entries that PTA unit.
- Make sure there is a DVD/USB for the Film Production, Dance Choreography and Music Composition.
- Tip: Put the DVD/USB in an envelope labeled with the student name, art category and age division so nothing gets lost.
- 3D Visual Art pieces must have 3 photos with the artwork
- 2D Visual Art pieces must have a photo of the artwork. This can be a jpg on a USB or a printed photo.
- Literature – Word Count must not exceed 2,000 words. Word Count goes on the Student Entry Form. Literature must be one sided not double sided and pages numbered.
- Music Composition for Middle School and High School must have a music score with their entry.