SHOW YOUR VOICE! Is this year’s theme.
Submissions will be accepted through December 16, 2022 until 7:00 p.m.
This year as in year’s past, NYS PTA is ONLY accepting electronic submissions. Please do not send any physical artwork or forms to the NYS PTA Office.
Please advise all students to hold on to their original artwork and Student Entry Form in case they win a NYS PTA award.
To enter, your PTA unit must be in compliance:
Being in Compliance means that:
o Ensure each Unit is in good standing:
o Bylaws are up-to-date;
o Membership dues paid for at least 25 members;
o Insurance paid; and
o Tax form filed (Unit must not have 501(c)(3) status revoked.
Ensure all entries meet all requirements for submission and comport with the Official Rules and the rules for each Arts Category, including the correct file type and size. Official rules are attached for more details.
When creating electronic files, consider naming files as follows:
o ArtsCategory GradeDivision RegionName LastName FirstName.
o Example: VisualArts SpecialArtist Suffolk Perez Nicole.pdf
Please note: All entries to WEPR must be submitted by December 16, 2022 at 7:00 p.m.
Late entries will not be accepted.
ADVANCING REGION REFLECTIONS WINNERS TO NYS PTA DEADLINE: JANUARY 12, 2023 4:00 p.m.
REFLECTIONS OFFICIAL RULES ATTACHED
6 entries per Grade Division per Arts Category.
Art categories are:
o Dance Choreography
o Film Production
o Music Composition
o Visual Arts
The age divisions are:
o Primary (Pre-K-Grade 2)
o Intermediate (Grades 3-5)
o Middle School (Grades 6-8)
o High School (Grades 9-12)
o Special Artist (All Grades)
Please use this 2022-23 WEPR Reflections Student Entry Form to submit all of your school’s entries:
For questions, please email Mireille St. Armand.
Thank you for participating and Good luck!
Mireille St. Armand
Reflections Chair, WEPR
Rules for Drop Off:
- Make sure that each piece of artwork has a student entry form that is filled out and attached. It is not the job of the Region Reflection chair to fill in the PTA unit information.
- Tip: The form is a word document – fill in the information beforehand and distribute the filled in version out so you only have to do this task once.
- Tip 2: Make sure that Student Entry Form has both the student and parent’s signature on it. It can not advance without these signatures.
- 2 winners per art category and age division (For example, an elementary with Grades 1-5 will have two age divisions – Primary (K-Grade 2) and Intermediate (Grades 3-5). They could have 4 entries for Dance categories (2 Primary and 2 Intermediate entries.) There are 6 art categories x 4 age divisions for a total of 24 entries that PTA unit.
- Make sure there is a DVD/USB for the Film Production, Dance Choreography and Music Composition.
- Tip: Put the DVD/USB in an envelope labeled with the student name, art category and age division so nothing gets lost.
- 3D Visual Art pieces must have 3 photos with the artwork
- 2D Visual Art pieces must have a photo of the artwork. This can be a jpg on a USB or a printed photo.
- Literature – Word Count must not exceed 2,000 words. Word Count goes on the Student Entry Form. Literature must be one sided not double sided and pages numbered.
- Music Composition for Middle School and High School must have a music score with their entry.